How to Be a Better Creative Professional, Best of Season 1
In this episode, we are going to listen to the highlights of season 1 of the podcast. I’ve decided to take the best of the strategic, tactical, and inspirational advice all of the 12 guests gave at the end of each interview, and create this insight-packed special episode.
You can think of it as a perennial creative career advice resource, that you can easily get back to whenever you feel stuck, lacking motivation, or just wanna get inspired.
If you are a creative professional in any industry and any stage of your career, I hope it will at different times provide different pockets of guidance and wisdom to support you on your journey.
"Be brave, stay curious, and do something good while being on this planet." — Eike König
- Nadine Goepfert’s Website
- Jacopo Moschin’s Website
- Sarah Lipstate’s Website
- Carl Emil S. Bregnhøi’s Website
- Fukiko Takase’s Instagram
- Merijn Hos’ Website
- Charlotte Heal Design Ltd. Website
- Nao Nozawa’s Website
- Tim Rundle Studio’s Website
- Ellen Freeman’s Website
- Eike König’s Instagram
- Norm Architects’ Website
- Introduction [00:00]
- Episode Introduction [00:51]
- Nadine Goepfert – Textile Designer (Episode 11) [02:00]
- Jacopo Moschin – Photographer (Episode 1) [05:06]
- Sarah Lipstate – Composer & Guitarist (Episode 6) [08:53]
- Carl Emil S. Bregnhøi – Digital Brand Strategist & Entrepreneur (Episode 7) [11:53]
- Short Episode Break – Support the Podcast [16:05]
- Fukiko Takase – Dancer & Choreographer (Episode 9) [16:48]
- Merijn Hos – Illustrator (Episode 8) [20:28]
- Charlotte Heal – Creative & Art Director (Episode 2) [22:18]
- Nao Nozawa – Graphic Designer & Art Director (Episode 4) [25:27]
- Tim Rundle – Product Designer (Episode 10) [26:49]
- Ellen Louise Freeman – Writer & Editor (Episode 3) [29:42]
- Eike König – Creative Director & Artist (Episode 5) [32:03]
- Jonas Bjerre-Poulsen – Architect & Designer (Episode 12) [32:44]
- Episode Outro [34:32]
On Passion, Patience & Photography with Myesha Evon GardnerMyesha’s approach to photography, including influences, gear, experimentation, shooting analog and working in the darkroom, her mindsets about growth and finances, lessons she learned from her father, who is a musician, the importance of patience and passion, risk-taking, her most essential rituals, and more.
How to Be an Interior Stylist with Colin KingColin’s work/life balance, the source of his motivation, how he approaches interior styling, work routines, his thoughts on professional growth and relevancy, the power of asking for help and of helping others, his challenges along the journey, including encounters with addiction and his path to sobriety, and more.
On Courage, Embracing Change and Lifelong Learning with Astrid StavroLife-long learning and continually being a student, Astrid’s work routines, advice for young designers, her experience as a Pentagram partner, what makes for a good piece of graphic design, how to orient ourselves during times of change, and more.
On Knowing Ourselves, Growth and Long Term Goals with Chidy WayneThe importance of knowing ourselves, Chidy’s work routines, managing finances as a freelancer, the importance and challenges of personal growth in the face of modern distractions, advice for young creatives, his views on the craft of illustration, including style and trends, and more.